5 Things No One Tells You About Surviving a South Dakota Winter
Our offices got 8 inches of snow overnight! South Dakota gets some serious winter storms, but even our more mild winters can require some hardy fortitude. If you’re new to the state, here are nine things that no one tells you about surviving a South Dakota winter.
This article was originally posted by onlyinyourstate.com
1. At least once during a South Dakota winter, you’ll find yourself driving 20 mph on the highway.
2. Snow doesn’t mean that school is canceled.
3. The office doesn’t close, either. After a long day of work, you find that you have 20 minutes of digging your car out.
4. A shovel in the back of your car can be a lifesaver
5. Even though we like to complain about it, a South Dakota winter is beautiful and we can’t help but secretly love it.