Did you know that American Financial Partners is located in Gary, South Dakota? Here in Sodak, one of the big things we are known for is Mount Rushmore. Here are seven facts you may not have known about this National Monument:
(These facts come from onlyinyourstate.com)
- The cost to complete Mount Rushmore was $989,992.32, which – with inflation – would be $17,250,313.12 today.
- Each of the president’s heads on Mount Rushmore is 60 feet tall, which is the equivalent of a six-story building.
- Mount Rushmore was completed and dedicated in 1941 and now welcomes an average of 3 million visitors each year.
- The carving of Mount Rushmore began in 1927 and finished in 1941.
- The actual carving was done by a team of over 400 men.